Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekly Update #001

This past week was a deload week.  Still on track for the 10lbs loss, been 3 weeks and lost 3lbs.  Quite surprised this time around because I'm not tracking caloric intake and just going with the flow.  Just a few times where I feel a bit hungry, especially if I don't get meals/snacks within a certain period of time but I think it'll be easy to offset this by shift some calories to earlier in the day and less for dinner.  Potential problem is that I usually get dinner after working out and like to have a bigger meal.

Now for the actual work-out, I'm really a bit conflicted in regards to  squats.  Pretty much since I've started All-Pro's (about 8 months ago), I went from ATG to parallel since the general census is parallel is sufficient to work the legs.  Now I'm not too sure because right now i'm doing sets of 200x10 parallel and since it was a deload week, I dropped the weight down to 135 and went ATG just to get the little bit of extra work in.  This is the issue I have, in the later sets at the lower weight, it was just as tough (if not tougher) as doing the heavier weight at parallel, getting out of the hole was a real bitch and really has to dig deep and push to get out.  At 135ATG, I felt more strain around the knees, in inner sides of the thighs, glutes, and core (my quads were just as sore as any regular work-out).  So conflicted on which way to do it because now I feel like I'm missing out on potential muscle growth in the areas listed above, but at the same time I don't really wanna put a lot of stress on the knees.

Moving forward this week, I'm going to try to add 5lbs to a majority of the exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment