Friday, October 26, 2012

Been a while.  Changed up the routine a little.

Heavy days are still 2 sets each, medium and light days I started doing 3 sets for compound movements and added pull ups/chin ups.  This cycle I lowered the bicep curl weight by 5lbs and bench & rows by 10lbs.  Also modified the rep scheme too, weeks 1-3 target reps are 10 if it's short doesn't really matter, and 4-5 12.  I'm pretty confident that weight for all exercises will be going up except maybe overhead press. 

Added pull-ups because I hate rows.  Just don't really feel it in the lats.  Now that I've added pull-ups, my lats are sore as shit...

Bought some new gear recently, got a weightlifting belt but not too sure how much I'll be using it.  Just needed something cheap to add as a filler item to get free shipping.  Belt is a Harbinger 233.  To do pull-ups, need a new bar because I couldn't use the one I already have (bar was pulling off the frame).  Just a basic one that you screw in supports to the side and hang up the bar, so far it seems solid.  Lastly a pair of 1lbs ankle weights, pretty much to put on the barbell so don't gotta move up to 5lbs.  Example, overhead press is at 80lbs, so gotta move in 10% increments so it'd be 88lbs, ankle weights + 2 collars roughly makes 3lbs, and got that 85lbs no problem.

Back to the shoes, I will no longer be using them for squats.  No issues with them but just been reading up on them, and I have no problems with ankle/hip mobility and I haven't seen an improvement using them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment