Sunday, August 19, 2012

Stronglifts Progress: Week 14-15

Week 14 - Was a deload week, kept is simple.  Body weight exercises and basically just chilled.

Week 15

Weight: 161 lbs.  Haven't really been eating well. which is not good.  I went ahead and purchased some protein bars so I can have something quick to eat on the go.  Easy 200-300 calories and hopefully that will atleast bring me back to maintenance levels.

Exercise: Current lift (Max attempted)
Squats: 200 (200) up 5lbs.  I'm currently focusing on adding 5lbs per week now.  Weight is getting heavy and I notice that form isn't the best in the later reps in the beginning but as the week goes on, it gets better. 
Bench: 140 (140).  Will be moving up to 145 next work out.  Feel comfortable with 140.
Overhead Press 100 (100).  Still having trouble with 100.  Struggling, not much to say.  Instead of 5lbs jumps.  I will be doing 2.5lbs increments.
Pendlay Rows: 125 (125).  Meh
Deadlift: 270 (270) up 5lbs.  Completed but really difficult.


This week was just really about getting back into things, and look to progress the week going forward.  I did add weight where I could though.  I am dreading squatting 3 times a week.  Every time I squat now, I think I'm gonna get stuck in the hole and that's always in the back of my head.  It is really holding me back, I wish I had gotten a squat rack now as the safeties would ease those thoughts and allow me to really push.

Another issue that's going on is my back.  Lower back is fine, no issues there, but my upper back has been sore as hell recently and i'm having trouble with posture.  Whenever I sit down, it seems I'm always hunching forward.  Gotta look into that.

Also, previously I had written a quick write up on white flood when I got samples, I'll probably do a full review on it soon.  I used it for my last work-out and thought it was solid.


No comments:

Post a Comment