Friday, June 1, 2012

Stronglifts 5x5 Progress - Week 4

It's been a month since starting Stronglifts and many lifts have continued to go up.

Weight: 156lbs, I haven't been eating to well and I've been drinking a lot a beer.  I feel dehydrated.
Squats: 150lbs, up 20lbs since last post.
Bench: 125lbs, I have been stalling on this, failed first work-out 5-5-5-2-4, second work-out 5-5-5-5-2
Overhead Press: 85lbs, up 10lbs but I just failed this weight today 5-5-5-5-4.  Could not for the life of me get that last rep up, I even tried to cheat some and do a push press but still couldn't do it.
Barbell Row: 105lbs, up 10lbs.
Deadlift: 230lbs, up 20lbs.

Noticeable areas of growth are legs (thighs) and the back (upper & lower).  Everything else looks the same though

Late Edit: Even though I've been not hitting the complete 5x5 for some of the exercises, it's still a learning curve, in terms of rest.  Previously when I was doing the 3 or 4 day split, it was rest 30-45 seconds for isolation exercises and for compound movements 1min30 to 2min.  I've applied the same rest periods for compound movements now.  So now I'm just going to take more rest for sets 4 and 5 to see how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment