Thursday, September 27, 2012

New shoes!



Here are my new shoes!  Bought them on sale for $60.  I wanted to get the Adipower weightlifghitng shoes but damn, I didn't know if I could pull off the full red,it was an extra $40 and didn't want spend all that money since I didn't know if I'd like them or not.  So this pair will be my test ones, if I like them, I will most likely upgrade to the adipower ones in the future.

Adidas Power Perfect 2

I will be testing them tomorrow just to get a feel for them (first day of wearing new shoes kills me, never wanna get them dirty or creased up).  They better feel good on heavy day (sunday), otherwise I just spent $60 on two paper weights.  Will report back.

Update:  Here are my initial thoughts on the shoes.  Keep in mind that this was on a light day.  The difference was noticeable right away.  Shoe is very stiff and walking in them felt kinda weird.

Squats:  Getting under the bar felt a little awkward.  Without the shoes the stands were just at the right height for me, with the shoes felt a short and setting the stands one peg higher was too high.  Probably just need to get used to it.  In terms of actual exercise, there was more emphasis on the quads and lower back (can still feel it in lower back  right now and it's been like 2 hours).As well, think I might have taken a slightly wider stance but not too sure though.   Also this goes back to setting up, not to sure but I think I may have placed the bar a bit higher.

Bench:  Finally!  I feel that I really plant my feet when benching.  Barefoot near the end, my feet always come off the ground and with other shoes the same and there have been times were I would put a 25lb plate down to rest my feet one and it'd still feel unsecure.  No noticeable difference in performing exercise yet (remember it was light day).

Bent over Row:  Not too sure, wasn't really paying attention for this.  I'll try for next time.  I didn't really notice a difference though.  Edit:  Whoops No wonder I didn't remember it because I didn't do them lol, only did warm-up sets and went straight into the oh press.  Guess I was just really wanted to....

Overhead Press:  I clean the bar off the floor to get into position for OHP.  With the shoes, it was fantastic!! Really made it explosive and there was no issue with balance (*A little snippet, I chose Stronglifts over Starting Strength because I never felt comfortable doing power cleans but damn, if I had these I wouldn't have worried so much).  In terms of OHP though, noticed less back lean and my emphasis on shoulders.

Stiff-legged Deadlift:  I will not be wearing these shoes while perform these.  There was no stretch whatsoever in hamstrings and it really moved it up the chain.  Glutes and lower back took a beating.

Barbell curls:  I guess these were alright for these, not too sure how to explain it.  Near the end of the set, I felt less likely to swing it up and do some cheat reps but again, today was light day.

Calf Raises:  Took these bitches off because there was no way I was doing calf raises in them.

So far, so good.  I like them.  Will most likely move barbel curls up and sl deadlift down in terms of order and see how it goes. I'll report back on heavy day though.  That'll be the true test.


No comments:

Post a Comment